Saturday, May 14, 2011

Two Small Rooms Review

Okay, okay, I know I said I'd write a post everyday starting from TOMORROW but hey, it's a Saturday night and I'm spending it IN so I'm trying to be efficient and productive here okay?? This'll give me a head start and all that jazz alright?! 


Now that THAT'S out of the way.. I mentioned that last year was super hectic and busy for both T and I.. So we ate out A LOT. In fact, today T mentioned that we had eaten out enough to last us three years! Haha.. 


Because we were always so busy and pressed for time, Two Small Rooms was a great option for us because it is literally 3 minutes drive from our place AND it is a fine dining restaurant (which we luuuurve). And they were also almost always able to fit us in no matter how late we booked a table for. Sometimes I'd finish my waitressing shift and Tim would've just finished a late meeting and we'd go and have a huge dinner at 9.30pm!! 


We almost always got the Caviar and the Oysters. They were YUMMY!! Those crisps that came with the caviar are to die for and the mignonette for the oysters was pretty good (nothing beats the one at Three Restaurant though).




For entrĂ©es, we shared the Crab & Avocado Terrine (SUPER GORGEOUS presentation!!! I actually used this as my inspiration for a dessert dish I had to plate up in class - just substitute the savoury sauce with coulis and ta-daaa!! Hehe) and the Mushroom Tart. Both were delicious.



For mains, I can't exactly remember what we got (bear in mind this was a year ago) but I think it's a Duck Leg Confit and... Salmon? 



We frequented Two Small Rooms many a time in 2010 and every time, we have been served GLORIOUS food and have been met with OUTSTANDING service without fail. They know their wine and they know their food. The only downside, I would say, is that I have never been impressed with their dessert menu. And you all KNOW how much dessert means to me. I always end up putting the dessert menu down and not ordering anything (which always elicits looks and sounds of surprise from T because, let's face it, it's practically unheard of with me) OR I'll get something with much reluctance and end up not having my socks knocked off. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's just the kind of restaurant that serves desserts that doesn't appeal to me. I don't know. But it's definitely worth going for everything else that this restaurant has going for it. Who knows, you might LOVE the desserts they have to offer.



Rating: 8/10

Two Small Rooms
517 Milton Road
Toowong

Telephone: 07 3371 5251
Website: www.twosmallrooms.com

Closed on Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment